Club History

Club History

Established on 12th October 1876 after a meeting between the Tamar Boating Club (est. 1870) and the Cataract Rowing Club (est. 1874) , The Tamar Rowing Club has continued to operate continuously since that time.

The first building was constructed on a site next to the Gorge Bridge in Launceston, Tasmania,


In 1973, the club was moved to its current position which is slightly north of the original site.

Key dates in the history of the club are as follows:

We Support